See Here: She Is Suffering From A Rare Health Condition.. But What She Achieved In Beauty Vlogging? Commendable..

Advertisement



Nikki Lily who is just a 11-year-old girl have started her very own YouTube channel named Nikki Lilly (where she have 40,368 subscribers and counting), and gives beauty lessons! Usually when a person has some kind of deformity or abnormality they try to hide it from the world as much as they could because they know that the world wouldn’t accept them with even a little bit of abnormality, and that is the great mistake we have been doing throughout generations!


Nikki started the channel as she always had the extreme craze for makeup and now she has received almost 2 million views! The beauty vlogger suffers from a severe facial disfigurement! It’s called AVM (arteriovenous malformation). It is a very rare disease which would eventually cause a person who is suffering from this disease intense pain and nose bleeds that could result into death!


She gives makeup tips, makeup tutorials and in fact even baking tutorials and hence the girl has a very strong and loyal fan base! She usually get around 1000 hits per video! She was only 6 years old when she noticed that there were some veins popping up on the right hand side of face. Nikki told that when she was just 1-year-old she was told by the doctors that she had AVM and she thought that it was just a cold and would go away after sometime!


Nikki Lily recalls, “But then when I was seven I realized I’m going to be needing operations, treatments, having to quit clubs, not being able to do as much stuff and being a bit home-schooled. It was quite scary, I did feel sorry for myself at first but then I realized there are so many things I can do. I was really unconfident. I used to look at myself in the mirror and think, where have I gone? I used to wish this was face paint”. It was a very scary time for her when she used to go out and there were people who used to ask her what’s wrong with your face or what happened to your face?


“Some nights I used to get a flannel and scrub my face because I couldn’t believe it was not going to come off, After a while I realized I was going to continue getting veins and a week after my birthday I had my first operation,” she said..


Nikki Lily was only seven years old when she had her first procedure and after that the poor child beared 20 major operations and 300 visits to the hospital! But the brave girl never gave up on the situation! She faced so much difficulties and pain but still tried to pursue and move on with her life, and that’s when she started the vlogging thing!


Her severe symptoms have made her to skip school on most of the days and due to that she isn’t being able to participate in any of the extracurricular activities! So most of the time she stays at home and make videos!


In 2013, Nikki Lily was presented a WellChild bravery award and that too was given to her by Prince Harry after she was nominated by her consultant pediatric dermatologist and in fact in that year she also won the National Diana Award for fundraising.


Nikki is indeed a brave hero for all of us. She says, “I was missing out on education, clubs, parties, and swimming, Brownies – which was really sad because I had a passion for all of those things. If you just focus on the negatives you are not going to enjoy life. You can either be negative and not enjoy life or you can be positive and block out all the negativity in your life and live a lovely, healthy, joyful and happy life. If you believe in yourself, really try hard and block out all the negativity in your life, you will lead a happy life.”

Advertisement